Building a World Together: My Summer in Minecraft

 


What game did you play?

I played Minecraft.

What game genre does your game fall into?
Minecraft is a sandbox survival game where players gather resources, build, and explore while setting their own goals.

Who plays this type of game?
Minecraft has more than 204 million monthly players, and the average player is 24 years old, according to Search Logistics. Thousands of players live-stream their sessions, and many fans watch Minecraft videos on YouTube, so it is far more than a kids' game.

Where did you play the game?
I played on my Xbox console at home.

How many times did you play?
I played almost every other night during June and July, which added up to roughly 30 sessions, many lasting all night.

Describe what you did/did not like about the game.
I love the creative freedom. My coworkers and I each built our own house first. Mine was a white and pink cottagecore cottage, while my friends built a pirate ship, a hobbit house, and a sky house surrounded by waterfalls. Together, we built a museum with villagers in labeled rooms by trade. We beat the Ender Dragon and the Wither, and although we did not defeat the Warden, we collected loot from the deep dark.



My biggest dislike is that dying costs you everything, and I am not great at fighting monsters, so I died a lot. Once, the game glitched while I was in the End, and I accidentally fell into the void, so I could not retrieve my items.

Are you a regular player?
Yes, Minecraft is the game I play the most.

Will you play again?
Absolutely. It is still one of my favorite games.

What social media aspects are woven into the game you played?
Our group stayed on a Discord call all night, which turned the game into a social hangout. Minecraft's YouTube community is also a big part of the experience. Whenever we needed building ideas, we searched YouTube and followed creators' tutorials step by step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eight Friends & One Beach House